Friday 2 January 2015

Up and running

As intimidating as it is to start your first blog, it is even more intimidating to think about the promise you make to yourself of writing about whatever it is that you will be writing about, regularly, in the coming months, a bit like a diary.

I've been happy to see my husband J starting to write down notes of our comings and goings since our daughter E was born, and having always had a diary stored safely on my shelf, rarely opened, I felt that quitting my job and moving to another continent might be the right time to start writing again. For the past seven years my hands have rarely left the computer keyboard but rarely has the text been about something that I have experienced, have views or opinions about, or just want to share with other people. Reports, reports and reports - but as those days are over, for now, I'm happy to use the keyboard for something else instead.

I did read that a blog should be about something specific, about something that interests you and about something that interests other people. I will stick to the one in between - things that interest me - and right now they are closely related to my new home country, province and city: Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador and St. John's. It will be things that are obvious to the locals but that puzzle me; it will be small notes on our daily doings, and some pictures to keep the folks back in Europe happy and up-to-date.

The name of the blog can speak for itself, and a shout-out to TSVB for pushing my thinking into the windy direction in terms of the names for blogs.

So, with these words - welcome and stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's nice to read all this. So we will for sure stay tuned. Greetings Antsu, Vesku & Sauli

    ReplyDelete

Happy to hear your thoughts on our Canadian adventures!